We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: June 17, 2016
Bonding Teeth: A Quick and Easy Solution for Chips and Cracks
Dental bonding is a procedure that can correct chips and other defects in your tooth enamel. After your tooth is prepared, a tooth-colored resin is applied to the damaged area. A special light cures or bonds the resin to the tooth. The result is a natural-looking repair that may last up to 10 years with care. Bonding is usually recommended for teeth with low bite pressure such as front teeth. Through cosmetic dental bonding, your dentist in Northern New Jersey can restore your smile and your confidence.
What Cosmetic Dental Bonding can do for You
Dental bonding can help improve the appearance of your teeth in the following ways:
- Restore chipped or cracked teeth
- Repair decayed teeth
- Lengthen short teeth
- Protect exposed tooth roots when gums recede
- Reshape teeth
- Improve the look of discolored teeth
- Close gaps between teeth
Pros and Cons of Bonding Teeth
- Bonding teeth does not require anesthesia
- Less tooth enamel is removed than with other procedures
- The procedure can usually be accomplished in one visit
- Bonding is easy and inexpensive compared to other restorative procedures
- Bonding materials are less durable and will not last as long as materials used to make veneers, fillings, and crowns
- Bonding materials may chip or break
- Repaired areas are less stain resistant than crowns
Caring for Your Bonded Teeth
To care for bonded teeth, practice good oral hygiene by brushing twice daily, flossing every night, and rinsing with antiseptic mouthwash every day. Don’t chew your fingernails or bite into ice or hard foods. Never use your teeth to open bottles. See your dentist in Northern New Jersey for regular checkups and professional cleanings.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Northern New Jersey, call Garden State Dental today at or make an appointment.
Garden State Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Northern New Jersey. Our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Garden State Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Garden State Dental.