COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Understanding Root Canals in Roselle Park
Root canals can be frightening prospects for families with limited budgets or with fears about the dental process. At our dental practice, we specialize in taking the stress and worry out of dental care by providing practical solutions and positive experiences. Our team of dentists will work with you to make sure that you receive the care you need at a cost you can afford. If you are looking for a root canal in Roselle Park, our team can deliver the best solutions for your needs.
What Dental Solutions Do Root Canals Provide?
Root canals are surgical treatments that remove the pulp, nerves and connective tissue inside a tooth to eliminate infections and inflammation. They may also be used to treat injuries or tooth decay which have exposed the pulp of the tooth and are causing significant pain. Your root canal dentist will evaluate the condition of your tooth and will create a customized care plan that incorporates the services and treatments you need in order to restore full function and a healthy bite.
When Is a Root Canal Necessary?
Some of the most common warning signs that root canals may be necessary to resolve your dental issues include the following:
- Tooth pain that is severe, sustained or that awakens you while you are sleeping
- Pain that is worse when you bite or chew
- Sensitivity to touch, heat or cold
- Cavities that are visible in the affected tooth or discoloration of the tooth enamel
- Swollen areas that are tender to the touch or that ooze infectious materials
If you or any member of your family is experiencing these symptoms, making an appointment for dental care at our office is an important first step to relieving pain and preventing further damage to your teeth from infections, abscesses and other conditions affecting the roots of your teeth
What Is an Endodontist?
General dentists can perform most uncomplicated root canals. However, if your teeth are severely damaged, if you have had previous procedures to treat root canals or if your case is especially complex, you may require the services of an endodontist to resolve your dental issues. Endodontists specialize in resolving problems that affect the pulp, roots or internal structures of your teeth. Our dental practice can perform your procedure in-house or can refer you to a qualified endodontist to promote the best possible results for you or your family members.
What Is the Root Canal Procedure?
The steps in your procedure will typically include some or most of the following:
- General or local anesthetic will be applied to make the process as painless as possible.
- Your tooth will be isolated from other parts of your mouth to reduce the risk of bacteria entering the surgical area.
- Your dentist will drill a hole in the crown of the tooth to make an opening large enough for instruments and other devices needed to clean the inside of your tooth.
- All the pulp, nerves and connective tissue are removed. Fluid is used to rinse away the last of the debris and to disinfect the area before it is closed.
- A substance called gutta-percha is used to fill and seal the canals of the roots of your tooth. Because it is rubbery, it fills the space and prevents bacteria and other microorganisms from entering this area to cause infections.
- A root canal crown is then applied. This last step is necessary to protect the structural integrity of the tooth.
Our dental team will go over each step of this process with you to make sure you understand the treatment plan and to provide you with an expert assessment of the likely cost of your procedure.
What Will My Root Canal Cost?
The cost of your root canal will depend on a few factors, including:
- The amount of work that must be done to prepare your tooth
- Whether the tooth in question is a molar or one of your front teeth
- The cost of your crown and the materials used to construct it
Whether your treatment is administered by a general dentist or an endodontist
Our team of dental professionals will work with your insurance company to help you keep your out-of-pocket costs as low as possible. This will help you to enjoy the most affordable dental care in the Roselle Park area.
What Root Canals Are Available?
Along with traditional dental root canal options, you can also access pediatric pulpotomy services and apicoectomy services through our dental practice. These specialty root canals are designed to suit your needs and to provide the perfect solution for children or those who have undergone root canals in the past.
Planning for Your Dental Root Canal Treatment
At our dental practice, we work with you to take some of the anxiety out of the dental care process. We are committed to providing painless and practical solutions for your dental care needs. Call us today to schedule an appointment with our team. We are here to serve you.