We are open - safety is our top priority!
Gingivitis and periodontal disease can pose a serious threat to the health of your mouth and the strength of your teeth.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, almost half of all Americans over the age of 30 have some form of gum disease. Working with a gum disease specialist at Garden State Dental of Roselle Park is a solid step in the right direction when dealing with the symptoms of these conditions, which typically include swollen or painful gums and bleeding when brushing or flossing. Redness is another common sign of gingivitis. If you or any member of your family is currently experiencing some or all of these symptoms, it is time to schedule an appointment with a periodontist in Roselle Park.
What Is Periodontal Disease?
In its mildest form, periodontal disease is referred to as gingivitis and is characterized by redness and swelling of the gums. As the disease progresses, it begins to attack the gum structures that support the teeth. This can cause the gums to recede and to fail to provide adequate support, which can often result in tooth loss. In advanced cases of periodontal disease, the ligaments and bones that hold your teeth in their proper place will begin to break down. Working with a qualified gum disease expert is essential to stop the progress of periodontal disease.
What Is a Periodontist?
Before you begin looking for a periodontist in Roselle Park, you may be wondering what a periodontist is and what they do. Along with the regular doctoral degree earned by all dentists, periodontists also take two to three years of specialized training in the structures of the gums and the underlying causes of periodontal disease. This allows your gum disease specialist to provide you with the most effective periodontal services for your needs. At our periodontics office, we work with you to make sure that you receive the right options for your needs and for your ongoing dental health.
Services Provided By Our Office
If you are looking for a reliable source for periodontics in Roselle Park, choosing a gum disease expert from our team will allow you to access all of the following services from Garden State Dental of Roselle Park:
- Gum Grafting: We offer gum grafting services that are designed to address issues with receding gums. By moving tissue from another part of the mouth to areas that have lost gum tissue needed to support teeth, your dentist will be able to slow the progress of your disease and will potentially save your teeth and improve the overall health of your mouth and the functionality of your bite.
- Crown lengthening is a procedure that shaves away excessive gum tissue to make it easier to clean, brush and floss your teeth. This procedure is not cosmetic and may be used to help bridges, dentures and crowns fit more closely to teeth that require them.
- Gummy smile procedures are considered cosmetic in most cases. They remove excessive gum tissue to expose more of your visible teeth and to clean up a messy or unsightly gum line.
- Treatments for periodontal disease vary depending on the degree to which this condition has progressed. Cleanings and in-office procedures are often adequate to arrest the development of gingivitis. More advanced periodontal disease cases may require surgical assistance to maintain a healthy mouth and strong gums and teeth. Our dental team will work with you to determine practical and cost-effective set of treatments to suit your needs.
- Dental Implants: If you have already lost some teeth to gum disease, dental implants may be the most practical option for restoring your smile and the full function of your teeth. These implants are not artificial teeth. They instead serve as an attachment point for dentures, crowns and other dental appliances intended to replace lost teeth and to fill in the gaps in your smile on a permanent basis.
- Oral Pathology: Patients who may be at risk of oral cancers or other pathologies can request an evaluation from our office. We will perform a comprehensive examination and will alert you of any issues we find so that you can plan for treatment as quickly as possible.
The periodontics team at Garden State Dental of Roselle Park will work with you to help you choose the right anesthesia or numbing solutions to suit your budget and to make sure your treatment is as painless as possible. This can take some of the stress and worry out of your planned treatment in our dental office.
Call Us for an Appointment Today
To learn more about your options for periodontal disease treatment or to schedule an appointment with our team, call Garden State Dental of Roselle Park today at (908) 279-0621 to schedule an initial consultation with us. We will work with you to make your treatment as affordable and as effective as possible. Our dental experts are ready to help you enjoy the brightest smiles and the healthiest teeth possible now and into the future.